Topic: This article contains instructions on how to configure Outlook 2016 to connect to your Exchange 2007/2010/2013 mailbox using Outlook Profile Helper.
- We recommend performing a clean install of Outlook before configuring it to connect to your Exchange server. If you already have a previous version of Outlook installed on your PC, please uninstall this version (from Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs), reboot your PC, and then install Outlook 2010/2013. After performing a clean install of Outlook 2010/2013, you're now ready to configure it to connect to your Exchange mailbox. Office 2013 programs are not supported with any OS older than Windows 7.
- You will not be able to install Outlook 2010 or any other Office 2010 product if an Office 2003 product is installed on the same computer.
- Your OS should have SP1 installed with all Windows updates for Outlook 2010 to successfully connect to Exchange 2013 mailbox.
To create a profile:
- First log into control panel and click on the "Get Start Here" link.
- Then select "Download & Set Up Your Email Client"
- Then select "Run Outlook Setup Wizard (West Site/East Site)" to download.
- Once downloaded run the setup wizard. You will need to enter your email address as the user name and your email password. Be sure to check to save your password before clicking next.
- The Profile Help will ask if you want to open Outlook when completed. Click on continue.
- Outlook will open (you may need to log in once more) and your emails will start syncing from the server. If you have a lot of emails this may take a while.
- Once all the folders have been synced your Outlook will keep them updated to the server.